Level 3 Foundation Programme in Tourism and Hospitality
Foundation Programme in Tourism and Hospitality Overview
Course Code: CTH-FDTH
The Foundation Programme in Tourism and Hospitality will give you a firm foundation within the world’s single biggest industry; hospitality and tourism. You’ll learn about the essentials of the tourism and hospitality industry and operations needed to enter the industry. From human resources and business computing, to marketing and customer relationships, the foundation programme takes a holistic approach in preparing you for this exciting career path. This course is perfect for students who want to take their first step towards developing a career in the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Grade 12, you may apply for provisional registration based on Grade 11 results, and
- You must be able to speak, read and write English, and
- You must have access to a PC for studies at home or a laptop for studies at the campus
Module 1: Essentials of Human Resources and Business Computing in Tourism and Hospitality
- This unit aims to introduce learners to the essentials of human resources in tourism and hospitality. Learners will understand the organisation of staff in tourism and hospitality, the principles of leadership, motivation and equal opportunities and the use of IT in tourism and hospitality
Module 2: Essentials of Marketing and Customer Relationships in Tourism and Hospitality
- This unit aims to introduce learners to marketing, sales and customer relationships in the tourism and hospitality industry. Learners will understand how a hospitality or tourism business is affected by external factors in which it operates. They will understand the key concepts of marketing and sales techniques. Learners will gain an understanding of the importance of customer care. Learners will develop skills to enable them to deliver effective customer service and to identify areas for improvements.
Module 3: Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- This unit aims to introduce learners to the tourism and hospitality industry. Learners will understand the types and characteristics of different hotel and food service providers. Learners will also understand the roles and functions of different delivery channels operating within the industry and will be able to gain an insight into how the industry has developed and is likely to develop in future.
Module 4: Essentials of Tourism and Hospitality Operations
- This unit aims to introduce learners to a range of functions within the tourism and hospitality industry i.e. front office, housekeeping, food and beverage operations, destination analysis and tour guiding operations.
Where possible, Trimond Academy will assist school leaving students on the flipped classroom programmes with potential internships at industry partners. Blended – and distance learning students (as well as school leaving students who cannot be accommodated with an internship) will complete and submit assignments in the form of research projects.
CTH Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality awarded by the Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (This qualification is registered in the UK and is not a South African qualification).
This international qualification is registered on the United Kingdom Qualifications and Credit Framework under QAN 600/7003/1. Trimond Academy is an accredited training center of the Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality.
Upon successful completion of this programme students may elect to continue with the CTH-DIHM Level 4 Intermediate Programme in Hospitality Management or the CTH-DITM Level 4 Programme in Tourism Management.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes